NetBlame – Network Monitoring Linux Distro
NetBlame V1 has been released! Download the OVA below, login with netroot//toorten and find documentation on the desktop.
NetBlame Preview and Overview Video:
What is NetBlame?
NetBlame is a free Linux based network management distro with the intent of providing a centralized location for common network monitoring capabilities. At the root of the project, it’s simply a Linux distro compiled with multiple open source software tools into one operating system. The installation and configuration of these tools and their web interfaces is already taken care of for you, and NetBlame provides a good foundation for quick deployment of a network management OS.
The distro is ideal for home lab or small network monitoring and management needs, and is completely free to download and install. The OS is provided as an .OVA for easy integration into (now common) virtualized environments. NetBlame provides everything from monitoring status of network/servers, to running a voice network, even down to testing new topologies with GNS3 and documenting diagrams with DIA. Download and deploy this OVA today to start taking control of your network.
Current Features and Capabilities
- Centralized Web Interface for management of many tools.
- Monitoring – LibreNMS (Observium Fork with good support)
- VOIP/PBX – FreePBX and Asterisk. Many modules are already installed such as automated voice attendant, wake up calls, extension reporting, call groups, etc.
- SYSLOG Daemon – Syslog-NG with a web interface for easy log queries.
- AAA – FreeRadius comes installed. Configuration is still required for full functionality.
- Configuration Management – Rancid
- NETFLOW / Traffic Analysis – NTOP and WIRESHARK
- Visibility Tools – Zenmap/NMAP, EtherApe, Wireshark, Nessus
- Network Testing – HPING3, SCAPY, NETCAT, GNS3, DIA
- More Features in development…
Download NetBlame (.ova ESXi VM)
LINK1 (BlameTheNetwork): [ddownload id=”568″]
LINK2 (KevinACrider): [ddownload id=”569″]
Special thanks to /u/WDKevin for the additional hosting. Check out his site at http://www.kevinacrider.com/ and donate bitcoin to: 15LgWLCArHYKV5gAhs2o4r5Wnt8BnuG4ct to support his hosting effort.
MD5 CHECKSUM (NetBlame-OS.ova file, not .7z): 82fa181d07213198c78e8439489eb088
Build Version: 1.0
Release 08162015 – VM Version 8
ESXi Built From: v5.1.0 2 vCPU’s, 2048MB RAM (Can Be Adjusted)
Like The Project? Let more nerds know with a share!
Ads to support Open Source Projects: